Friday, May 16, 2008

It's five o'clock somewhere......but not here.

It's Friday, and it's raining. Again. I'm feeling especially draggy today. The nastiness outside just makes me want to curl up under a quilt and read until I fall asleep. I'm staring at Red (the office fish). He just puffed up and gave me his best fighting fish-face. Guess he's feeling gloomy too. Shall I whine some more, or shall I actually talk about something with substance? Hmmm. Feel like whining.

IwanttogohomeI'mreallytiredofbeingheretodayI'vehad
acrazylongweekandit'sstillnotoverWhenwillitbeover
Idon'tknowprobablyneverthat'showifeelrightnowthissecond
IjustlookedattheclockandthoughtSURELYit'sfivebynowbutitsnot.

**SIGH** I feel much better now thanks. I just took a swig of the world's worst coffee, and as soon as it hits my veins I'll be fine. I left the house in a wreck this morning. BabyDaddy finally came home from his training/farting around in Tennessee. I watched him as he surveyed the damage. I saw him take in the over-turned laundry basket, the congealing dishes in the sink, the dog gnawing on a stale rice cake, and a little trail of rainbow goldfish crackers leading to the Muffin's closet.... His eyes got bigger and bigger, and then he looked at me and I calmly said, "I have been a single parent for 4 days. In those four days, company came over twice, your son cut three teeth, and the dog ate my toothbrush. DO. NOT. SAY. A. WORD. He didn't. :) Smart man, that BabyDaddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment