Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Decisions, Decisions......

In order to succeed, and in fact to progress, some amount of discomfort is necessary. I accept that this is just the way it goes. But it still really stinks when you're smack in the middle of it all. The job-drama continues. Just when I thought I had it all figured out and squared away, and just when that thick, heavy, boulder-in-my-stomach feeling miraculously disappeared...... geez. So today I was offered what could be a very good thing for me, both financially, and also simply for the experience. But am I ready for that? My mom thinks I am. My husband thinks I am. I'm not so sure myself. The job I had been doing was very stressful because I was constantly booked with appointments/meetings, leaving me with little to no 'breathing' time and certainly no time to catch up on all the required paperwork. This was all done with little to no support from where it was promised in the beginning of this whole adventure. So I was honest. I said, "I don't want to do this anymore. It's not worth me not being able to sleep or eat because of the stress level..." The response I got from the 'powers that be' was supportive, with promises that I could do whatever I wanted in the company. Today, I was asked again -- what were the biggest issues I had with the job? Did I like it otherwise? Again, I was honest, laying out what I enjoyed and what made me uncomfortable. At that point, the offer was put on the table to pretty much eliminate the negative things, along with being offered a leadership position in the area I had been working in, better pay, and supervisory experience. What a package right? Yeah, it sounds great, but like I said, am I ready for all that? I don't know...I'm still asking myself that. I have to have an answer by Friday. Guess we'll all find out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment