Saturday, May 14, 2011

Honies, I'm home!

It's so very disappointing when people I cyber-stalk in the Land of Blog go AWOL. I mean, what are they doing anyway? Really, don't they know that I need crap to read? that my early-early morning, or early evening, or Sunday afternoon coffee time DEPENDS on their posting stuff for my pleasure? Hmpf.

Oh. Riiight. *blush*

So ya'll haven't forgotten me have you? Hello? Um, anyone? (Knocking on the computer screen.)

Well, I've had a case of the



"Gosh-going-back-to-work-full-time-really-zonks-you-out-after-being-able-to-couch-surf-all-day-lovin-long-snugglin-with-your-new-bebe-and-keeping-up-with-your-minor-hurricane-of-a-preschooler-and-sometimes-doing-useful-things-(other than like reading or Facebooking)-like-laundry-or-dinner-or-dishes-and-this-more-daylight-thing-means-more-time-to-d0-fun-stuff-like-fishing-playing-bike riding-trampoline jumping-creek wading-grass sitting-cookout having-ITIS".





{BREATH}




So here's what you've missed yesterday last week last month (CRAP-okay, a long stinking time ago) in my life:




My mini-man, who just turned four {FOUR! GASP!} and who I can no longer in good conscience refer to as the Muffin - cause he's like big and opinionated and stuff - has been registered for pre-school this fall. *Sniff* *Tear*



Where are my blasted tissues?




He is reading like crazy, which I love {He get it from his Mama}...On the first afternoon BabyDaddy went to investigate the alarming quiet and found him curled up on his bed with his library books, we realized our progeny's little gene pool MIGHT be filled with a few more bookish Mommy DNA curlie-Qs than the huntin/fishin/taxidermyin' rough and tough backwoods chromosomes that are flooding through BD's arteries.



{TOTALLY okay by me -- just FYI.}



The kid also loves to say NO. He ADORES saying "I don't want to" and "Did you hear me?" But, by far, his MOST favorite of all is to climb up on the couch so that he is eye-level with you and say, "I said No! I don't want to! DID YOU HEAR ME?!" Yep, he's a hot one.



Our little Miss Sunshine Happy-Face is now SEVEN months on planet Earth, and we have gushed over her just about as much as we can every milli-second of that time. BabyDaddy has a new girlfriend (and believe you me, he will guard her from boys like a rabid rottweiler), Mini-Man has a captive audience, and I have a dress-me-up babydoll.



{And BOY, do I take advantage of THAT.}



BabyDaddy finds it humorous that I show early symptoms of hyperventilation if we start to leave the house without a properly coordinated hair bow - strapped of course to a durable headband, cause ya'll would know that Miss Thang is just like Mini-Man used to be - slick bald.



{Her fat and ever-so-pinchable cheeks make up for the missing hair .}



She just sprouted what looks to be her first AND second tooth, she eats like a horse, and sleeps most of the time through the night. I could not have CUSTOM DESIGNED a better bebe'. Within the past few days, all heck broke loose as she began to crawl to her mother of course to the XBox controller.



{Please tell me that isn't a foretelling of the future? Please?!!}



She adores her big brother above everyone else, much to his delight/scorn - it really depends on the day - and will do her darndest to get as close as possible to him, including {but not limited to} gnawing on his shins, smacking his face, and drooling in his hair. Usually, Mini-Man responds with detached indifference.



"Um, Mommy, she's slobbering. Again. And it's running down my neck. May I change my shirt please?"



*SIGH*



Life is good ya'll. It really is. And now that I'm 'back in the saddle' as they say, you shouldn't have to wait 4 months for the next post. :)

















2 comments: