Monday, May 16, 2011

Dear Muffin Mini-Man,
Hey!  I'm talking to you!  *Ahem*  Look over here please mister.  Yes, put down your lego dudes and come sit by me.  Have I told you how much I love you today?  Because I should say it every minute.  Let me tell you why I love you so.  You are my darling, my sweet  boy, my little wonder.  You are my firstborn – the one who changed my life forever.  I never knew how much fun this wide world was until I had you.  And you get better every day.  You're so BIG now.  You never cease to remind me of that fact.  Your favorite phrase, (besides that whole 'No' thing) is:
"Let's DO this!"
You love to dance.  And you make Daddy and I dance with you. {Which is good for our souls if not more than slightly embarrassing.}  You ask questions, you learn things, you form opinions.
You are a tough little pebble who will not budge once you have made up your mind.  {I think that might have come from Pa--->Nana--->Mommy straight down to you my little tree by the river.}  You SHALL NOT be moved. 

You are hilarious.  Your smile splits your face wide open and makes your eyes twinkle – when you smile, everyone smiles with you.  You love to play tricks.  Our house is peppered with your joyful shouts of, "HA!  Gotcha!" 





You love music, just like me.  We fight with Daddy in the car because we don't want to hear "his ol' country songs".  {We win every time!}  We like the tunes that make you wanna get up and MOVE.  And we do.  We love to car dance even when Daddy says people are looking at us funny in the next lane.  We just laugh – and keep on dancing.  J
You love to read, just like me.  {Are you seeing the pattern here?}  You constantly amaze me, and I love how you challenge yourself without anyone asking you too.  If you find a word you don't know, you sound it out.  If you still don't get it, you corner the nearest person and make them say it for you.  And then you ask, "So, what does that mean?"  And you never forget either.  {I don't know of any other four year olds that can tell you the meaning of the word 'sarcophagus'.  Heck, Daddy can't even SAY that word.  Sorry Daddy.}   
As much as you love everything we have already talked about, you ADORE yourself some electronics.  Laptops, iPods, video games…it never ends.  You had to show your Granny how to use her own iPhone when she first brought it home.  {"MMmm-Kay Granny, now you just swipe your finger right here.  All right, now YOU try it…"}  J  This is where you mesh with your Daddy.  You could sit on the couch and play Xbox with him until your eyeballs liquefied if someone would let you.  I can't tell you how many times I have watched you two and just giggled.  My favorite boys in the world – side-by-side in your underwear, hunched forward with your elbows planted on your kneecaps, controllers in hand, and giving some cartoon bad guy the what-for.   We've been striving to set reasonable limits, which you've gotten pretty good at… Well, we just take it a day at a time, right? 

You have the most sensitive spirit and you wear your heart on your sleeve. {Pity the fool who EVER thinks of breaking it…this momma will be breaking them!}  You love on your little sister like crazy, and you are already super protective of her.  In the car when she gets fussy, you reach over to pat her arm and whisper, {"It's okay.  I'm right here.  See my hand?  I'll never leave you."}  It makes Daddy and me look at each other in that way that always makes you drop your hand and say angrily, "Hey!  What?  What did I say?!"  Tough guy.  J  



You come from good stock little man.  {Yes, on your Daddy's side too.}  J  We are so lucky to have you.  I  am so lucky to have you.  We are peas and a pod, you and I.  I thank the Father everyday for giving you to me and ask that I always be worthy of the blessing that you are.  It's me and you against the world kid.  I am always on your side.  {And don't you forget it.}       
With ALL my heart,
Your Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I hardley ever read your blogs but I read this one and it made me tear up. Our little boy is special thats for sure, and everyday I thank the lord for the two great kids he gave us. You did a great job putting into words how we both feel about him. These memories will stay with us until we are old and gray, and Then too, will we be able to look back and say what a great job we did with these two kids. Love you Meg

    ReplyDelete