Thursday, November 6, 2008

Don't pee on the rug!




Ah - the joys of potty training! We have started to travel down that long, LONG road. By the way, the lovely picture that you have the pleasure of viewing is of BabyDaddy during one of his favorite moments of the day, (even back then). I'm mad at him you see -- he's been puttering in his man cave again, doodling with glass eyes and stinky skins. (They really do smell terribly- BabyDaddy of course insists that I am imagining things. There is no smell!!!) Whatever. I've come to refer to it not-so-lovingly as "Hot Dead". I swear, he can be putting chrome rims on the lawn mower for all I usually know, but the second he starts bloody stuffing animals, I SWEAR I can smell it. "So, what hot-dead are you working on today?" I shout through the laundry room door to the garage. "IT DOESN'T SMELL! YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY SMELL ANYTHING!" His rantings are mercifully muffled by the dogs rolling around the crack in the door like maniacs. (Apparently Hot-Dead is something they like to roll in.) "Well, are you working on an animal or not?" I'm pretty persistent you know. I can distinctly picture him rolling his eyes as he lovingly airbrushes pretty pink ear centers into whatever Hot-Dead he's currently working on. "NO. I'M FIXING YOUR PICTURE FRAME OKAY?" "LIIIIIIAR!" I shout back. "LIE-ER Daddeeeee!" Lil C' usually concurs happily. This is usually a scene that's repeated about 4 times weekly.


But, how is it, I've gone completely off subject? The matter at hand is potty training, and the reason I have posted the not-so-flattering picture of BD. Oh yes, how silly of me. He made me angry because tonight was the one night that I had to do my homework. Lil' C has been in a weird bedtime phase ever since daylight savings time began, and so it's taken me a little longer to put him down than normal. I had asked BD to help me put him to bed so that I could get everything done. "Sure,"he says, "I'll just be in the garage for a minute," he says. Ugh. After turning on my tart burner, lighting three candles, snuffing out two matches, (I heard somewhere that the match snuffing deal would erase stinky things. Not so much.) I yelled to remind him of the time. "Yup! Be right in!" he says. MMMMMm-hhhmmmmm. Lil' C and I had bath time, looked at his flashcards, and read his bedtime story twice before I finally gave up and started putting him to bed. Another long process. By the time I finally got him down and had just sat down with my lap top, BD strolls in the door. The look I shot him made him walk right back out. So, I figured the least I could do was post the above picture. Take that! (Cyber vengeance is so much less taxing that actual physical violence, which is what I had contemplated first.) But -- back to the potty training. The Mom-In-Law has started working with him on potty training, which is completely fabulous, as he doesn't do squat for me. She's been trying to get him to go potty in his little chair for the past couple of weeks now, and he's making progress. One afternoon this week, when he got up from him nap, she noticed that his diaper was dry -- so she knew that he needed to pee. She took off his diaper and sat him on the chair in front of the t.v. Nada. So she gave him a Popsicle. Still no dice. Finally, exasperated, she walked back into the bedroom to get another diaper. She hears him clapping and cheering, so she hurries back to the living room, ready to praise him for using his potty. "Ya-ay me! Granny -- I Pee-Pee!!" He exclaims this proudly from the far corner of the room-- where he has just peed all over the end of her couch. :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That has to be the best picture! Classic... luv ya, Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, this is why you got the ice cream!!! -your sis in law...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does your husband read this and does he know that you posted this picture of him??? Either way, it made me laugh...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if I was babydaddy, I'd be ticked about the picture!!

    ReplyDelete