Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Thanks


I am thankful for for afternoon naps with kids and dogs. I am thankful for situations that make you worry, because they are the ones that test your faith and make you strong. I am thankful for having grandparents that instinctively know what you need, when you need it, and unselfishly swoop in to save the day. I am thankful for sunny fall afternoons, flea markets, and power wheels. I am thankful for Candyland, and for the joy that comes when the red gingerbread man (BabyDaddy) gets stuck in the Chocolate Swamp, and the green and yellow gingerbread men (Muffin and I) whup his tail soundly. I am thankful for a sermon that makes me think. I am thankful that BD finally brought my fall decorations down from the attic, and that I restrained myself from kicking the ladder out from under him when he did. (Holy cow, already! Did you realize this is stinking NOVEMBER? I've been asking him since August.) I am thankful for Cracker Barrel's apple streusel french toast. I am thankful for today.




I think it was equally enjoyable for everyone.




"Daddy, I 'fink you are too fat for my truck. You make it go WEAWWY slow..."



The library was giving away these old books for free!


Can you tell I took several? I used them all over the house...



I finally got around to taking pictures of the Muffin's new 'big boy, no-baby-rubber-duckies-allowed' bathroom. We have been infested with silly monsters! My in-laws and Jess-from-the-Country commented that the color (Parakeet Green) was "bright". I took that as a compliment. I have lived far too long with a neutral color palette. I'm ready to be bright!





1 comment:

  1. Be Bright and Be Proud!!!!! Have you seen pics of my very bright and beautiful turquoise bathroom? Everybody kept telling me I was "Brave" I chose to interrpret that as innovative.

    ReplyDelete